News Blog - For February 2010
The next version of AtomSite will include support for inline widgets. An inline widget is a widget that is activated by placing a widget include into the content of an entry. This allows all sorts of new scenarios such as polling widgets, dynamic content widgets, and a contact form widget.
Also, the next release of AtomSite will contain a contact form widget built-in as a core widget. This widget can be placed on every page at the workspace or collection scopes. However, with the new inline widget support, you can also place the widget on a single page.
I've detailed some of the development process as a Plugin Developments Basic Tutorial.
This widget can add an annotation (comment) to your contact page and/or send an email to you each time the form is posted. The settings can be configured for each workspace in the AtomSite Manager.
Note: most of the settings are only required if you are sending an email as it needs all the email server information.
Or, you can configure them directly in the service.config file under the atom:workspace node:Posted by JarrettV on February 20 at 1:21 PM
- Updated solution file to VS 2010 RC
- Fixed media uploads with Windows Live Writer
- Fixed blog URL link in collection feeds
- Fixed content encoding header of wlwmanifest, sitemap, and other xml files
- Fixed read-only issue for accepts in AtomSite Manager collection settings
- Updated jQuery to 1.4.1
- Updated jquery.timeago to 0.8.1
- Updated jquery.tools to 1.1.2
- Updated jquery.single-ddm to 1.2
- Updated OpenIDPlugin to use latest DotNetOpenAuth version 220.127.116.1115
We updated the default CDN locations and plugins with this version as well.
For a complete list of changes with this release see the release page on CodePlex.Posted by JarrettV on February 11 at 10:14 PM